Bakery Maintenance Mechanic
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Responsible for PM’s, work orders, repairs and corrections to machinery to insure the smooth running of bakery equipment.
Maintenance Manager and/or Assistance Maintenance Manager
Related experience in a maintenance / manufacturing industry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled to keep machinery in optimal condition.
- Performs repairs and corrections to machines as directed by the Maintenance Management.
- Responsible for auditing equipment as preventative maintenance is performed on the equipment.
- Promptly responds to calls from Production.
- Has working knowledge of measuring devices.
- Able to perform diagnostic work.
- Knowledge of bakery process and timing issues – preferred.
- Possesses understanding and fundamentals of electrical diagnosis, general concepts of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Possesses a solid understanding and working knowledge of mechanical equipment including: bearings, motors, gearbox, chains, and conveyor belts
- Informs Maintenance Management of timing issues when extensive repairs required.
- Has knowledge of proper parts needed in various machines.
- Assists in keeping proper inventory of parts and notifies Management of any deviations, difficulties, and inventory issues.
- Abides by all Safety, GMP’s, Company Policies, and Food Safety Rules.
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or its equivalent; Maintenance experience and/or training required. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled troughs of 100-500 lbs repeatedly.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds. Able to work a variety of shifts – day and/or nights.
$24.00/hr-$30.00/hr (depending on experience)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.