Bakery Sanitation – Janitor
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
- 2nd: 2pm – 10:30pm
Performs a variety of tasks within the Bakery Department, including, but not limited to cleaning bakery equipment while complying with GMP’s, FDA, and OSHA guidelines. Background in sanitation doing related work within a plant or warehouse is highly sought after.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Sanitize large industrial equipment
- Clean offices, breakrooms, and bathrooms
- Must be able to work at heights and on ladders
- Prevent potential for contamination issues and correct any incidence of product contamination
- Confirm Invoices and Bill-of-Ladings daily
- Daily disposal of all trash and waste product
- Daily monitoring and disposal of pests and rodents
- Abide by all safety rules and regulations
- Recognize cleaning, pest control and maintenance problems and initiate corrective actions when deficiencies are found
- Perform any requested job which will enhance product quality, food safety and bakery efficiency
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively with all levels of the organization, and maintain a professional relationship in phone, email, and written correspondence with individuals within and outside of the company. Able to read, understand and complete Daily and Weekly Checklists, Safety Procedures, Material Safety Data Sheets and Product Labels
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas
- Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled troughs of 100-500 lbs repeatedly
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the bakery, warehouse, yard, or shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust. The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.