Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Provides timely and accurate deliveries to Mile Hi customers while working in a safe manner. This job requires a high level of customer service.
Reports Dispatch Supervisor with responsibilities to Dispatchers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the driver to safely and accurately delivery of the product to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct professional and courteous relations with customers and co-workers.
- Requires accurate identification of product to ensure the correct product, in satisfactory condition, is located on the trailer/truck and unloaded at customer locations.
- Communicate with dispatch when problems and/or questions arise.
- Comply with customer policies.
- Unload and place product as specified.
- Enter/exit truck cargo area 20 – 40 times per shift.
- (Throughout shift) handle plastic milk crates weighing 60 lbs. each. Cases are stacked from pallet to 60”.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School education required.
Ability to communicate and work well with personnel at all levels within the organization. Must be able to maintain positive relations with customers and co-workers, including during challenging communication situations. Must be able to communicate job-related issues via telephone with customers and dispatch.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
Adjusts to fluctuations in workloads and communicates with customers and dispatch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to enter and exit tractor and trailer in a safe manner by use of handholds and footholds 6 – 15 times over an 8-to-14-hour shift.
- Must be able to enter and exit trailer through side and rear doors at an elevation of approximately 4’ by use of bumper, handholds and footholds, and or steps 6 to 15 times over an 8-to-14-hour shift.
- Must be able to lift a dock plate weighing up to 80 lbs. and maneuver it in and out of place 1 to 6 times per shift.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, and kneel, must be able to handle up to 70 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to push/pull a two-wheeler with loads up to 200 pounds utilizing a ramp.
- Steel toed shoes
- Face Mask
- Safety Vest
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust.
The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.