Bakery Maintenance Supervisor
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
We are seeking an experienced, motivated individual with a strong supervision background who is interested in joining an established bakery operation. The ideal candidate would have 3+ years supervisory experience preferably within a food manufacturing environment.
Responsible for production equipment maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct maintenance personnel so that individuals comply with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Communicate with all levels of management to address any current or future needs.
- Lead effective management, correct training, and professional development of maintenance technicians.
- Use leadership ability daily to create, lead, mentor, develop, and grow high performance team.
- Collaborate with multi-functional departments within the operations/production, sanitation, and quality.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to hourly maintenance employees on shift to maintain the plant manufacturing equipment, facility, and grounds.
- Lead emergency work with urgency, organization, and patience to correctly manage labor to solve issues, build corrective actions and minimize downtime.
- Build and maintain critical priority lists, ensure all materials used for work orders are tracked with parts clerk, and balance multiple activities concurrently to completion.
- Build and maintain a team that thrives in a challenging environment where solving problems, continuous learning, and a high technical capability is the standard, not the exception.
- Be an adviser to the Plant Engineer on all issues related to the efficiency operation of the department.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports, and process documents as may be required.
- Prepare and inspect PM worksheets for mechanics.
- Perform daily walk throughs to inspect equipment for safety and proper running order.
- Communicate any/all issues with the Plant Engineer.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates/Technical Degree within and engineering field (preferred) with three (3) years of leadership experience OR five (5) years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing setting three (3) of which are in a leadership role.
- Ability to work 10-12-hour shifts.
- Experience with automated machinery, PLC, control systems and fast paced environment.
- Experience working with 480 volt 3 phase
- Must have own basic mechanic tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Industrial Management, Engineering or food science field including four (4) years as a maintenance supervisor in a food manufacturing facility
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management system work orders, parts room, and PM program.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or its equivalent; Maintenance experience and/or training required. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to lift 60lbs once an hour and 10lbs to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled troughs of 100-500lbs repeatedly.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30lbs. Able to work a variety of shifts – day and/or nights.
$75,000 – $85,000/year DOE
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.