Regional Class A Driver
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
- $68,000-$78,000/year + Regular Bonuses
- $.50-.54/Mile BOE
- $5000 Sign-on Bonus
- $.02 bonus for over 3,000 miles / week
- $.01 bonus for keeping idle time below 30%
- $.01 bonus for MPG
- $.06 bonus when hauling doubles
- $2000 Referral Bonus
- $250 Safety Bonus – Paid Every 6 Months
- Home multiple times per week
- Home most weekends
- Health, Dental & Vision (Benefits start on the 1st of the month following date of hire)
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- 401K w/Company Match
- Paid Sick Leave
- FSA Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Paid Weekly – Direct Deposit
- Dedicated Truck
- 2021-2023 Peterbilt 579 Sleepers
- 100% No Touch Freight
- Denver to Salt Lake City, UT
- Denver to Dallas, TX
- Denver to Los Angeles, CA
- Running regional routes to CA, UT, TX, etc.
- Picking up a backhaul to Denver
- Running shuttles to Raton, NM or Casper, WY
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all DOT, State, local regulations, and company policies.
- Perform pre-trip inspections and report problems.
- Obtain paperwork before dispatching.
- Operate a commercial vehicle and delivery tasks in a safe manner.
- Conduct professional and courteous relations with customers and co-workers.
- Sign-on and sign-off on electronic logs in tractors, as required.
- Communicate with dispatch when problems and/or questions arise.
- Comply with customer policies.
- Deliver out-bound load(s) to customer(s)
- Return back-haul(s) to designated destinations and provide paperwork.
- Return dunnage to designated area.
- Maintain clean cab (smoking permitted only as indicated)
- Re-fuel and Wash unit.
- Re-attach tractor to yard power supply when required (seasonal).
- Any other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have two (2) years CDL-A driving experience within the last 3 years.
- Must have and maintain a CDL-A license and DOT Physical Card.
- Must have and maintain a driving record meeting the standards of the company and the company insurance carrier.
- Twenty-three (23) years of age (minimum)
- Able to pass DOT physical examination.
- Able to complete DOT qualification files.
- Two years’ experience with winter driving conditions (minimum)
- Three-year clear record (minimum)
- Able to comply with post-accident and DOT random drug testing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to enter and exit tractor and trailer in a safe manner by use of handholds and footholds 6 – 15 times over an 8-to-14-hour shift.
- Must be able to lift a dock plate weighing up to 80 lbs. And maneuver it in and out of place 1 to 6 times per shift.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to be alert to traffic conditions.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, and kneel,
- Must be able to handle up to 70 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to push/pull loads weighing up to 1,000 lbs. on a two-wheeler or hand jack.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School education required.
Ability to communicate and work well with personnel at all levels within the organization. Must be able to maintain positive relations with customers, lumpers, and co-workers, including during challenging communication situations. Must be able to communicate job-related issues via telephone with customers and dispatch.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
Adjusts to fluctuations in workloads and communicates with customers and dispatch.
- Steel toed shoes
- Safety Vest
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust.
The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
The Mile Hi family of companies is committed to exploring new technologies and ideas to help reduce our impact on the planet and bring our customers the best, most affordable, and cutting-edge service in the industry: from lot tracking to warehouse management, we have total control over our entire supply chain and delivery processes, resulting in increased efficiency and less waste. If you want to work for a well-established family owned company, this is the place!
Our main distribution center and headquarters are centrally located in Denver, CO.
SPEAK TO OUR DRIVERS:
- Over 60% of our drivers have been with us more than five (5) years.
- 80% for more than two (2) years.
- Lowest turnover in the industry! We take care of our drivers.
WHY DRIVER FOR MILE HI?
Work with the best! APPLY TODAY!
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Mile Hi Companies is an EEO Employer.
$5000 SIGN-ON BONUS
BENEFITS START THE 1ST OF THE FOLLOWING MONTH
REFERRAL AND STAY BONUSES
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE