Tray Room Associate
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Performs a variety of jobs tasks within the Bakery department. Including to, but not limited to, loading of trays into the Tray Washer at required line speed rates including machine set-ups or in manual mode. While at the same time sorting non required trays. In addition will be the loading and unloading of trailers and overall organization and up keep of tray room that meets all GMP standard sand rules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned):
- Able to fully operate and maintain the New smith Tray washer, perform all safety requirements during operation and any time an unjamming event is required; including all lockout & tag out procedures for the tray washer.
- Maintain a steady flow of trays to the tray washer and packaging line
- While performing the above action; they must Sort trays not being used on line by restacking cross nested by color type or tray height.
- Keep each type of tray organized by type and designated/assigned area.
- Remove damaged or broken trays from the system, maintain a count, and area for broken trays for proper recycling management.
- Unload inbound trailers with trays into the tray room that clears and prevents holding trailers.
- Load trays onto trailers for return to required sister company, customer or vender.
- Maintain open lanes to fire exits and no tray zones.
- Operate a manual pallet jack as needed to perform above duties
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to maintain a professional relationship in phone, email, and written correspondence with individuals within and outside of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
- Able to work in temperatures from 90 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels as high as 98%.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
- Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to push and/or pull wheeled troughs of 100-500 lbs repeatedly.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds.
1st: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm or 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
3rd: 11:00 pm -7:30 am
3rd: $17.00/hr w/ .35 shift differential
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces,
and dust. The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.