Truck Shop – Mechanic
Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on reefer tractor trailers.
Reports to the Shop Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs and required preventive maintenance of refrigeration units on trailers
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepares safety documents required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- Ability to DOT a trailer preferred
- Prior Trailer refrigeration experience is preferred. Must be an effective communicator and team player.
- of the MHFF warehouse.
- Maintain clean cab (smoking permitted only as indicated) .
- Re-fuel and Wash unit.
- Re-attach tractor to yard power supply when required (seasonal).
- Any other duties as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent; Maintenance experience and/or training required. 1-2 years minimal repairing pallet jacks/forklifts in a manufacturing experience preferred. May be required to complete certification and/or formal training in area of specialty.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School education required.
At least 18 years of age. Able to pass all pre-employment screens
Ability to communicate and work well with personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Able to stand for long periods while working with and around machinery.
- Able to work in various temperatures, from refrigerated areas to extremely warm temperatures.
- Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low- lying areas.
- Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds.
- This position typically works Mon through Fri, during the day shift.
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug screening and background check.
- Steel toed shoes
- Face Mask
- Safety Vest
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.