Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Performs a variety of jobs tasks within the Warehouse department. Including to, but not limited to, Load frozen, cooler and dry products to outbound trucks, and other utility functions, as assigned. Will perform tasks to assist Department Managers and give guidance to Associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure trailer conditions meet the acceptable standards prior to the physical loading process.
- Pre-check temps must be verified prior to loading. Trailers can be loaded if the trailer is below 45 degrees.
- Ensure loads are consistent with the “Grid Exceptions” and report deviations.
- Secure loads utilizing trailer straps.
- Count pallets prior to loading to ensure that all pallets are loaded.
- Pre-stage buns prior to starting the loading process
- Loaders are required to ensure that a supervisor or designee signs off on Buns.
- In the event that orders/stops are combined, loaders are required to document on the load diagram and place “Combo” labels on each side of the pallet.
- Maintain a reliability of (1) error per 67 stops loaded.
- Document any transfer product and special add-ons to the load diagram.
- Perform and document pre-checks for all loads.
- Perform and document “Load Evaluations” on pre-determined routes.
- Document any “Other Time” on the Daily Production Sheet.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School education or equivalent.
Ability to communicate in oral and written form in English with employees in the warehouse. Must be able to read and understand manifests, packaging, and oral and written job instructions. Must be able to distinguish between labeling for the same types of products. Must be able to recognize and differentiate numeric coding on cases and racks.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
Must be able to function with mathematical concepts of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to recognize when job aspects are non-routine and communicate these differences to management. When the amount of work may exceed their ability to finish, the Receiver must report to their supervisor so that alternate plans may be implemented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a noisy environment with fluctuations in temperature.
- Must be able to climb staircases.
- Able to enter and exit trailers in a safe manner maintaining control of forklift and load.
- Have the ability to work from foot and from standing and seated powered equipment or extended periods of time (up to 2 consecutive hours without break).
- Must be able to lift, and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Walk up and down stairs (6-20) steps two to ten times per shift.
- Walk from 15 to 100 feet two to ten times per shift.
$18.00-$20.00/hr (depending on experience)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust.
The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.