Denver, CO Full Time Experienced
Performs a variety of jobs tasks within the Transportation department. Including to, but not limited to, Maintaining appropriate fuel levels for all fleet trailers and non-company storage trailers for the Denver facility. This job requires a high level of customer service and other utility functions, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates with warehouse offices regarding trailers in use for storage.
- Check fuel and determine amount of fuel needed for operations.
- Fuel all types of trucks and trailers.
- Informs shop manager of any out of service vehicles.
- Informs shops of truck maintenance issues relating to fuel.
- Monitors temperature controls on refer units.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School education required. Current Operator’s license. Knowledge of the differences between gasoline and diesel fuel systems. Ability to safely operate fuel truck on and off lot.
Ability to communicate and work well with personnel at all levels within the organization. Must be able to maintain positive relations with customers, lumpers, and co-workers, including during challenging communication situations. Must be able to communicate job-related issues via telephone with customers and dispatch.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
Adjusts to fluctuations in workloads and communicates with customers and dispatch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work with complicated concepts for extended periods of time occasionally including extended hours. Must be able to walk up to 1 mile daily.
- Must be able to climb staircases.
- Must be able to step up to fuel tankers.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to shoulder level 15 times daily.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry fuel equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. during the workday.
Tues – Sat: 7am -3:30pm
Sun – Thurs: 7am – 3:30pm
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. When the employee enters the warehouse, yard, or Shop areas they will be exposed to extremes in temperature, slick walking surfaces, and dust.
The office requires entry by stairways of from three to seventeen steps.
Mile Hi Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Mile Hi Companies will consider for employment for all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Mile Hi Companies participates in the E-Verify program.
Mile Hi Companies is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.